Samstag, 30. August 2014

dc JAPAN




Time to break the (summer)break and what better occasion then the drawing challenge
could be the reason for it which will be hosted this weekend by our lovely and
incredibly creative Nadine aka tiny woolf!
So here I'm and I hope you had a fine summertime meanwhile....

Japan is our theme this weekend and what comes first to my mind is SUSHI cause
I'm a total sushi adict! But then after the impression that except of tsunami and fukushima
there is no big  japanese experience in my mind it started to evoporate out of my mind
terms like cherry blossom, Samurai, martial arts, geisha, sake, kimono, Fuji, kyoto, anime,
mangas and so forth...

and of course japanese artist like one of my favorite Takashi Murakami or Yoshitomo Nara
and legendary Akira Kurosawa and the crazy and in genious Yayoi Kusama!






And all this phantastic japanese pattern (see book above).


Here in Hamburg exsits a tradition since 1968 the japanese companies located in
the city thank Hamburg for their hospitality with a wonderful firework for the cerry blossom
festival. This is always wonderful and a exceptional firework and I nearly miss it every year - damn!



I realized that Japan is everywhere in our daily lifes and as my son was younger pokemons and digimons where 
swamping our complete household, they where everywhere on plates, as plush animals, as film, as radioplay, mugs.......
I have to admit I liked them too because I thought that they where very creative funny creatures.

So for this dc I made a few collages illustrating japanese influences in our daily lives.
Of course my way, which means: don't take everything too serious ; )




Don't miss to go to Nadine's to see all the other entries to this wonderful theme!

18 Kommentare:

diefahrradfrau hat gesagt…

Aahhh, ich hab deine Collagen vermisst. Echt!
Pokemons everywhere - das kenn ich auch :-)
Liebe Grüße
Christiane

shayndel hat gesagt…

I love your fun collages and the way you describe the pocket monsters taking over your child`s room! So playful and spirited.
I live in Japan and the `everyday` of life takes over , plus there are so many influences from the `west` so I sometimes forget what is seen as particularly Japanese anymore!! Thanks for the chance to participate in this weeks dc:))

Leena hat gesagt…

Thank you for showing the diversity of Japanese culture, I realize I know so little of it and yet I recognise those things you show here.. Leena

Miss Herzfrisch hat gesagt…

Die Collagen...einfach herrlich, besonders den Sushi Kegler und Sushiminigolf. Sehr cool.
Herzliche Grüße
Sabine

Sally Tharpe Rowles hat gesagt…

These are wonderful Barbara! I especially love the one of your son in a room full of Pokemons ....& you photo of the fireworks is amazing!

Tammie Lee hat gesagt…

yes SUSHI, yum!!
love all your collages
so fun
and i agree fun fun creatures!

Redeker hat gesagt…

Hi, great way of showing the Japanese, I guess you'll kike this one too: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayao_Miyazaki
well I got some movies from him and I think they are great!!
I have enjoyed your view of Japan!
Susanna

tanïa hat gesagt…

Haha, großartig, Deine Collagen, ich musste wirklich sehr darüber schmunzeln! Und die Pokemon-Welle, an die erinnere ich mich auch noch zu gut!
Sehr viele, schöne japanische Inspirationen, vielen Dank dafür!
Liebste Grüße aus AC
Tanja

Tomoko hat gesagt…

Hi,Barbara.
Love to see so many Japan! The last photo makes me laugh!! I too like Yayoi Kusama's works very much. However I needed a long time to take to her arts.
When I saw a raincoat with dots designed by her at a department store last year,it captivated me at once. I have decided her raincoat some day,though it is very expensive for a raincoat!!

Have a good new weekend!

Patrice A. hat gesagt…

i could have known there would be
some kind of twist and turn
so fine to see those collages of you again
funny and so YOU! ;^))
and
thank you for that video
it's wonderful, her art, her world
the red hair, ha!

fine week to you
x

Kristen Donegan hat gesagt…

HA! Pokemon is alive and well in my home- that photo collage of them taking over is very appropriate!
Your collages are wonderfully quirky and that video is compelling- I have seen her work before but had no idea of her story! Thanks so much for sharing :)

CERULEAN hat gesagt…

Your collages are really funny! Wonderful post on Japan - eric

joanne hat gesagt…

"managing madness" really struck home with me from the video.
Thank you for that - her work is really interesting - something more for me to explore.
Your collages made me smile - and thank you for that too :)

nadine paduart hat gesagt…

sushi addict? we shoud make them together then next time we meet!! i love 'em too, very much.
yayoi kusama is a discovery to me, thank you!! this is something that inspires me greatly.
... and i'm glad you decided to put your collage expertise to practice and offer us a few authentic böttchers!
cheerio, bee. thxs for playing, n♥

roberto M. hat gesagt…

Hi Barbara!! i'm sorry im a bit late commenting. but i see that you was working hard to do this DC! I saw Yayoi Kusama, and i think to myself: Yes thats what i would like to do about Japan!. Something with Kusama's circles!!! Congratulations! and have a nice weekend!

roberto M. hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
roberto M. hat gesagt…

Why my comment is two times??? :)

roberto M. hat gesagt…

oh, ok i delete one of them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...